Re: Very unbalanced storage

On 8/31/2012 11:05 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
Sadly you can't yet adjust pg_num for an active pool.  You can create a
new pool,

	ceph osd pool create <name> <pg_num>

I would aim for 20 * num_osd, or thereabouts.. see

	http://ceph.com/docs/master/ops/manage/grow/placement-groups/

Then you can copy the data from the old pool to the new one with

	rados cppool yunio2 yunio3

This won't be particularly fast, but it will work.  You can also do

	ceph osd pool rename <oldname> <newname>
	ceph osd pool delete <name>

I hope this solves your problem!

Looking at old archives, I found this thread which shows that to mount a pool as cephfs, it needs to be added to mds:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel/5685

I started a `rados cppool data tempstore` a couple hours ago. When it finishes, will I need to remove the current pool from mds somehow(other than just deleting the pool)?

Is `ceph mds add_data_pool <poolname>` still required? (It's not listed in `ceph --help`.)

Thanks.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/