Re: Integration work

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:12:16 -0700
Ross Turk <ross@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, ceph-devel! It's me, your friendly community guy.
>
> Inktank has an engineering team dedicated to Ceph, and we want to work
> on the right stuff. From time to time, I'd like to check in with you to
> make sure that we are.
>
> Over the past several months, Inktank's engineers have focused on core
> stability, radosgw, and feature expansion for RBD. At the same time,
> they have been regularly allocating cycles to integration work.
> Recently, this has consisted of improvements to the way Ceph works
> within OpenStack (even though OpenStack isn't the only technology that
> we think Ceph should play nicely with).
>
> What other sorts of integrations would you like to see Inktank engineers
> work on?

are we only supposed to give answers wrt. integration with other software?
if not, I would suggest to write documentation.
and also integration with CM like puppet/chef
both of these points can give a shorter "time from zero to working cluster" which IMHO is critical
in attracting new users. (myself included)