Re: About teuthology

On 07/31/2012 09:16 AM, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 09:27:54AM -0500, Mark Nelson wrote:
On 7/31/12 8:59 AM, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
Hi Mehdi,

I think a number of the test related tasks should run fine without
strictly requiring the ceph task.  You may have to change binary
locations for things like rados, but those should be pretty minor.

Best way to find out is to give it a try!

Thanks for your quick answer :)

I have already tried, but the code massively refers to files in
/tmp/cephtest/, it seems to me that changing the path of the
binaries isn't enough, some of them are built by the ceph task.

Perhaps a quicker (a bit dirty) way is to create a new task 'cephdist',
that prepares the required files in /tmp/cephtest.
ie:
- link dist binary to /tmp/cephtest/binary/usr/local/bin/...
- link /etc/ceph/ceph.conf to /tmp/cephtest/ceph.conf
- ship cephtest tool in /tmp/cephtest (like ceph task)
- make dummy script for coverage (because distributed ceph doesn't seem
   to have ceph-coverage)

What do you think about it ?

That's probably the easiest way to get it working right now, if you
want to use the teuthology-specific tests. As Tommi mentioned, the
/tmp/cephtest stuff will go away in the long term.

There may be a few more things needed to run some of the tests (e.g. the binaries built when configured --with-debug like test_librbd,
test_rados_api_io, etc.).

Josh