Re: About teuthology

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Mehdi Abaakouk <sileht@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have taken a look into teuthology, the automation of all this tests
> are good, but are they any way to run it into a already installed
> ceph clusters ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Many of the actual tests being run are already independent
functionality or stress tests or benchmarks; for example, ffsb will
run against any filesystem.

The things that are specifically written for teuthology are currently
quite tied in details.

There is a longer-term plan to rework teuthology into using
package-based installation, and at that time I hope we will be able to
modularize the tests out of the teuthology core, and to make them
easier to run from just the command line.

This work depends on a bunch of internal changes to our testing lab
infrastructure -- package-based testing is not feasible until we have
lab machine reinstallation 100% automated, and currently it still
tends to need too much manual care.