Re: Ceph as a NOVA-INST-DIR/instances/ storage backend

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Igor Laskovy <igor.laskovy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> but can I use RBD for booting instances? I would like store whole VM on the
> Ceph, not only persistent volumes (actually for my project I not prefer use
> persistent volumes at all).

OpenStack Essex does not make it convenient, but it can boot off of RBD.

We don't have really good documentation on that yet, but the relevant
resources are:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-openstack-tools/blob/master/boot-from-volume
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-openstack-tools/blob/master/start-on-rbd.sh
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/boot-from-volume.html