Re: Ceph as a NOVA-INST-DIR/instances/ storage backend

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Igor Laskovy <igor.laskovy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all from hot Kiev))
>
> Does anybody use Ceph as a backend storage for NOVA-INST-DIR/instances/ ?
> Is it in production use? Live migration is still possible?
> I kindly ask any advice of best practices point of view.

That's the shared NFS mount style for storing images, right? While you
could use the Ceph Distributed File System for that, there's a better
answer (for both Nova and Glance): RBD.

Our docs are still being worked on, but you can see the current state
at http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/