Re: Ceph performance on Ubuntu Oneiric vs Ubuntu Precise

On 06/18/2012 01:12 PM, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Mark Nelson<mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I've been tracking down some performance issues over the past month with our
internal test nodes and believe I have narrowed it down to something related
to Ubuntu Oneiric.  Tests done on nodes running Ubuntu Precise are
significantly faster.

Did you use Ubuntu kernels or our own builds? Different/same across runs?

Each set of nodes is using our kernel from gitbuilder:

http://gitbuilder.ceph.com/kernel-deb-oneiric-x86_64-basic/ref/v3.4/

and

http://gitbuilder.ceph.com/kernel-deb-precise-x86_64-basic/ref/v3.4/

respectively.

I should note that this problem was also seen on kernel 3.3 from gitbuilder with oneiric, though I do not have comparative numbers available.

Mark