Ceph and BackupPC (was: Re: mount: 10.0.6.10:/: can't read superblock)

Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2012, 14:33:19 schrieb Martin Wilderoth:

> I have not done any changes installed at version 0.46 upgraded earlier and
> have been testing with ceph and ceph-fuse and backuppc.

BackupPC and Ceph sounds like an interesting combination. Other than this
hanging MDS problem, what are your experiences with that?

I'm asking because BackupPC is the only application I know of that actually
makes heavy use of hardlinks. Ceph, as far as I've understood it, supports
hardlinks, but works under the assumption that they're a rare and not
performance-critical corner case, and does some optimizations that help the
more common cases, but would probably hurt if you are using hardlinks a lot.

Regards,
	Guido