Re: Designing a cluster guide

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Gregory Farnum wrote:

Direct users of the RADOS object store (i.e., librados) can do all kinds of things with the integrity guarantee options. But I don't believe there's currently a way to make the filesystem do so ÿÿ among other things, you're running through the page cache and other writeback caches anyway, so it generally wouldn't be useful except when running an fsync or similar. And at that point you probably really want to not be lying to the application that's asking for it.

I am comparing with in-memory databases. If replication and failovers are used, couldn't in-memory in some cases be good enough? And faster.

do you have a use case on Ceph?

Currently of interest:

 * Scratch file system for HPC. (kernel client)
 * Scratch file system for research groups. (SMB, NFS, SSH)
 * Backend for simple disk backup. (SSH/rsync, AFP, BackupPC)
 * Metropolitan cluster.
 * VDI backend. KVM with RBD.

Regards,
Jerker Nyberg, Uppsala, Sweden.