Re: pgs stuck inactive

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Damien Churchill wrote:
> On 17 April 2012 17:49, Greg Farnum <gregory.farnum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:gregory.farnum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)> wrote:
> > Do you know what version this was created with, and what upgrades you've been through? My best guess right now is that there's a problem with the encoding and decoding that I'm going to have to track down, and more context will make it a lot easier. :)
>

> Hmmm that's testing my memory, I'd say that cluster has been alive at
> least since 0.34. Occasionally I think there was a version skipped,
> not sure if that could cause any issues?

Okay. So the good news is that we can see what's broken now and have a kludge to prevent it happening to others; the bad news is we still have no idea how it actually occurred. :( But I don't think it's worth investing the time given what we have available, so all we can do is repair your cluster.

Are you building your binaries from source, and can you run a patched version of the monitors? If you can I'll give you a patch to enable a simple command that should make things work; otherwise we'll need to start editing things by hand. (Yucky)
-Greg