Re: pgs stuck inactive

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Samuel Just wrote:
> Can you send along the osd log as well for comparison?
> -Sam
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Damien Churchill <damoxc@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:damoxc@xxxxxxxxx)> wrote:
> > Here are the monitor logs, they're from the monitor starts, however I
> > restarted the osd shortly afterwards and left it to run for 5 or so
> > minutes.
> >
> > http://damoxc.net/ceph/mon.node21.log.gz
> > http://damoxc.net/ceph/mon.node22.log.gz
> > http://damoxc.net/ceph/mon.node23.log.gz
> >
> > On 10 April 2012 22:49, Samuel Just <sam.just@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:sam.just@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)> wrote:
> > > Nothing apparent from the backtrace. I need monitor logs from when
> > > the osd is sending pg_temp requests. Can you restart the osd and post
> > > the osd and all three monitor logs from when you restarted the osd?
> > > You'll have to enable monitor logging on all three.
> > > -Sam

A quick glance through these shows that all the pg_temp requests aren't actually requesting any changes from the monitor. It's either a very serious mon bug which happened a while ago (unlikely, given the restarts and ongoing map changes, etc), or an OSD bug. I think we want logs from both osd.0 and osd.3 at the same time, from what I'm seeing. :)
-Greg