Re: periodically delays when one of mons dies

2012/3/24 Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, ruslan usifov wrote:
>> Sorry for my bad English.
>>
>> I mean that, if throw pacemaker we organize fault tolerant monitor
>> (monitor that will work all time - even in fail case), we prevent
>
> The other key thing to keep in mind is that this is completely unnecessary
> with Ceph.  Just run 3 (or 5, or 7, or whatever) monitors, and individual
> ceph-mon failures won't affect the availability.  Ceph clients are smart
> enough to find a non-failed monitor, and the cluster manages consistency
> and so forth on it's own.
>
> The whole point is to _avoid_ kludgey proxy/failover solutions like
> this...
>
> sage

Yes, you right and I agree with you, but if "Ceph clients are smart
enough to find a non-failed monitor" why they not smart to prevent
connect to failed monitor until it fully restore, so now I have
periodical delays when client try to connect to failed monitor,
сertainly finally it find live monitor and all work fine, and with
failover i try to solve problem of this delays