Re: Create/Quota/Mount pool

On 03/16/2012 10:32 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Chu Duc Minh wrote:
Hi, i'm searching a way to create more data(s) pool and quota for each pool.
Do you know how to select pool to mount when using ceph client. (i'm using
kernel 3.0.x)
You can create pools with

  ceph osd pool create<poolname>

make them usable by the fs with

  ceph mds add_data_pool<poolname>

and then set a subdirectory to use that pool for new files with cephfs
(man cephfs).

If you run into problems, let us know; this isn't well documented yet!

sage
Hi, how can I know the ID of new <poolname>, because it's needed for cephfs command? Or i must use numeric <poolname>? I'm using Cephx for auth, how can i set permission for a individual client only can mount & see a specify subdirectory/pool? I succeeded when using numeric poolname but fail on "ceph auth add ..." and mount.
(I tried many options for ceph auth add ... - but still does not success)

Thank you very much!