Re: OSD hit suicide timeout

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Christian Brunner wrote:
> 2011/11/11 Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi Christian,
> >
> > Do you have a core file?  Can you dump the thread stack traces so we can
> > see if it got hung up on a syscall or somewhere internally (thread apply
> > all bt)?
>
> I'm not sure if it's from btrfs, but ther is no kernel warning at that time.
>
> I'm missing some debuginfo packages at the moment, but I managed to
> install ceph-debuginfo. (If you need more I will ask a colleague to
> subscribe the debuginfo channel on the RedHat Satellite Server, but
> you will have to wait until Monday).
>
> Here is what I'm getting from the core file at the moment.

Debug symbols for glibc would help, but so far I can tell that:

- the filestore op_queue is blocked on the throttler (too much io queued)
- the commit thread is also waiting for ops to finish
- i see no actual thread processing the op_queue

Usually that's because it hit a kernel bug and got killed.  Not sure what
else would make that thread disappear...

sage