Re: ceph-mon blocked error

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 02:15:25PM -0700, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> If it's reproducible, I'm sure the XFS developers would appreciate if
> you straced what ceph-mon does to get to the hang, tried to do similar
> actions to reproduce it outside of ceph (e.g. "every time I write to
> this file, it hangs"), and then give them a good bug report with a
> dump of the filesystem, to figure out what really happened.

XFS is just waiting for I/O to complete - xfs_bwrite is a very simple
funtion that synchronously submits I/O, and xfs_buf_iowait is called
to wait for the completion.   This is a typical symptom for a broken
I/O subsystem.  What kind of setup do you use?  Especially hardware
RAID controllers tends to produce these kinds of issues.