Re: Radosgw cannot output Chinese file names

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Tommi Virtanen
<tommi.virtanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:45, Colin McCabe <cmccabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I guess this means that XML escaping needs to be utf-8-aware, which it
>> isn't now. Probably it's just a matter of recognizing when we are
>> inside a utf-8 character and skipping the bytes comprising that
>> character. JSON escaping probably also needs that change.
>
> Not using standard libraries for standard data formats makes me sad.

Well, there are plenty of options for outputting XML:

http://www.nongnu.org/scew/
http://www.grinninglizard.com/tinyxmldocs/index.html
http://xerces.apache.org/

I would like to see RGW converted over to use one of those for
outputting XML. I somehow doubt that it's going to happen any time
soon, though.
Anyway, it looks like the signed/unsigned problem was the cause of the
bug, and fixing that will resolve it.

regards,
Colin