Re: Radosgw cannot output Chinese file names

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub
<yehudasa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Sylar Shen <kimulaaa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi developers,
>> I installed ceph and radosgw v0.3 and got 1 server with  MON and
>> radosgw , 2 OSDs server. (without MDS)
>> The environment started successfully and I wanted to test
>> upload/download file via radosgw.
>> It all went well if I uploaded/downloaded English file names.
>> But It went wrong when I tried Chinese file names.
>> Radowgw can receive files normally, but Chinese file names were turned
>> into unrecognized codes.
>> Therefore, radosgw cannot show the file list in a bucket normally.
>> It turned out to show nothing when I wanted to list files in a bucket.
>> But the Chinese file did exist in the bucket.
>>
>> I am curious that if I did something wrong to result in such kind of problems
>> Does anyone who has the same problem as I did?
>
> That's a bug. It appears that the xml escaping doesn't work correctly
> with unicode characters. I just opened issue #1301 for that, we'll
> look at it.

I guess this means that XML escaping needs to be utf-8-aware, which it
isn't now. Probably it's just a matter of recognizing when we are
inside a utf-8 character and skipping the bytes comprising that
character. JSON escaping probably also needs that change.

cheers,
Colin