Re: 0.31

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Fyodor Ustinov wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 12:12 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
> > Hmm, yeah the 'loaded dup inode' messages should never happen.  They
> > appear to be just files, though, not directories, so you can safely ignore
> > them.  The namespace repair will need to clean that up at some point. The
> > recursive rstat errors you saw are probably just fallout from that, and
> > can also be ignored.
> I understand it correctly, that until not  implemented the Feature # 86 I have
> no way to fix this?

Right.  Well, this is going to come incrementally.  We'll have a namespace
scan that fixes some basic issues before there is a full-blown robust
repair tool.

> > I'm curious how you got into that state, though.  Are you running a single
> > or clustered mds?  Is the workload purely amanda?
>
> Single mds. I have these clients:
> 1. Amanda. Used cfuse.
> 2. Gate. Used cfuse. NFS gate.
> 3. One experimental server with many different workloads.
>
> WBR,
>     Fyodor.
>
> P.S. My friends have always said that I can find a bug in the software, even
> where it can not be. Sometimes it interferes. :)
>
> I will try again to use ceph with BackupPC. Last time it was over "brain
> explosion" in ceph. :)

:) Okay.  We're putting locking specific tests in place before trying to
reproduce #1150 with Amanda, BTW.  It sounds like we need an amanda-like
workload though anyway, given the issues you're seeing.  How old is this
fs?  How many times has it been upgraded?

sage