CRUSH

Hi!

Two questions.

1-st. As I understand it - any usable changes of CRUSH map on active cluster can't destruct data? In the worst case (for example, I managed to put two osd in one rack, and now I have two copies of the data in a single rack) I get information about the degradation and this will be fixed automatically?

2-nd. How to correct edit crush map in case "rack"?

Let's say I have such a map:

device 0 device0
device 1 device1
device 2 device2
device 3 device3
device 4 device4

# types
type 0 device
type 1 host
type 2 rack
type 3 root

# buckets
host host0 {
        id -1
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item device0 weight 1.000
}
host host4 {
        id -5
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item device4 weight 1.000
}
rack rack0 {
        id -6
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item host0 weight 1.000
}
rack rack4 {
        id -10          # do not change unnecessarily
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item host4 weight 1.000
}
root root {
        id -11          # do not change unnecessarily
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item rack0 weight 1.000
        item rack1 weight 1.000
        item rack2 weight 1.000
        item rack3 weight 1.000
        item rack4 weight 1.000
}

# rules
rule data {
        ruleset 1
        type replicated
        min_size 2
        max_size 2
        step take root
        step chooseleaf firstn 0 type host
        step emit
}

And now i want add one "rack" and add one "osd" to this rack. How should I deal with "id"?

WBR,
    Fyodor.