Data replication not working

Hi All,

We have been experimenting with ceph since version 0.24 and
found one important issue that is not resolved (or may be
we don't know how to configure properly).

I will talk about 0.27 since that is the latest release:

  We have a one mon, one mds, and two osd setup. The data
  stored goes to both the osds. We introduce a third osd.
  the ceph status shows "osd: 3 up, 3 in" but no data goes
  into the third osd. This remains the case even if we
  power off one of the original osds.

Data reliability thru replication is one of the major goals
of ceph. I am wondering as to what we might be missing to
get this feature going. I am attaching the configuration
file.

Pl help us solve this problem.

Regards.

--ajit
[global]
    user = root
    ; where the mdses and osds keep their secret encryption keys
    keyring = /home/ceph/keyring.bin
    pid file = /var/run/ceph/$name.pid

; monitors
[mon]