Re: cosd multi-second stalls cause "wrongly marked me down"

On Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Jim Schutt wrote:
> > Why should it take 28 seconds to add a new timer event?
>
> Huh.. that is pretty weird. I see multiple sync in there, too, so it's
> not like something was somehow blocking on a btrfs commit.
>
> Anybody else have ideas? :/
>
> sage
I must be missing something but I looked through that code (it's short), and as far as I can tell there's no blocking code anywhere at all. The only time it takes any locks is when grabbing the dout locks for those debug prints; it doesn't initiate any file IO or wait for any completions; it just does a few map ops and g_time.now() arithmetic.
It does signal Timer::cond at the end of the timer insert, but the only things waiting on that should be the timer thread itself, which needs to get back the osd_lock, which is currently locked so that shouldn't be a problem either!
-Greg