Re: SUSE install/config issue...

On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 15:30 -0800, Colin McCabe wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> The cfuse binary is part of ceph. Normally, it would be installed by
> make install. Try re-running configure and make, making sure to
> specify ./configure --with-fuse
>
> Also, you might want to consider using the kernel client, since its
> performance is higher.
>
> P.S. I just changed the "installing on SuSE" wiki page to recommend
> configure --with-fuse, since it also recommends cfuse.
>
> cheers,
> Colin

Thanks Colin.

Totally confused at this point.  :-)  I had assumed that by using the
SUSE packages, everything *was* built and installed.

So this means the SUSE packages are incomplete?  (Yes, I realize it is
11.2, thus old...)

As for performance, not too worried at the moment, I have this installed
on 3 VMs, merely for testing and gaining familiarity...  I will move it
to a lab after I get a chance to play with it and understand what I am
doing.

Am I to understand that one has a choice of using a user-space client or
a kernel client?  The SUSE packages did reference a kernel module.

Perhaps the src tree has documentation on this?  Obviously I am missing
the bigger picture...

Best,
-PWM