Re: packaging for ceph-gui

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 12:37 -0800, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> >  It's up to you how to name it. As for the rule of thumb, packages named
> > after the binary they contain. So it should be gceph, but can be
> > ceph-gui if you want.
>
> I'm inclined to rename gceph to ceph-gui, actually, unless anyone has any
> strong opinions about it...
 Either is fine for me, should be gceph after the binary but I admit
that ceph-gui is more suitable for its name. Still if I've a voting
right, I'd say ceph-gui suggests it's only a GUI for the CLI binary
(needs ceph, just calls ceph with it's switches in the background). It's
not the case, it's a standalone binary, a graphical ceph -> gceph. Of
course the choice is yours.

> > The question is, when do you want to merge these changes to rc? There
> > are unstable and gceph trees available, but are they for v0.24 or not?
>
> The binary is standalone.  They should just recommend each other, I think.
> And this is all in the unstable branch (for v0.25), so we can just change
> it there.
 OK, will do tomorrow if you decide on how to name its package.

Offtopic: What's your timezone? I'm UTC/GMT +1.

Laszlo/GCS