Re: corrupt pg logs

> > I am thinking to have a checksum for each log entry, when osd restart
> > and parse the log it will be able to detect if the data is corrupt.
>
> Ah, yeah, that would be better.  The encoding format will have to change a
> bit so that there is an entry length preceeding the entry, probably.
> Something like
>
>  <length><entry payload><crc32c>
>
> so that we can validate before trying to decode the entry itself.

I created an osd_pglog_checksums branch that implements just the
checksumming portion, and should transparently roll the disk format
forward.  There should probably be a osd_compat CompatSet feature bit to
reflect the ondisk format change.

It doesn't do anything intelligent yet, though.  The bufferlist and
checksum decode in PG::read_log() should be in a try/catch block, and do
something useful in the error case...

sage