corrupt pg logs

One problem that keeps popping up is corruption in the PG logs.  This
usually manifests itself as a crash when the OSD restarts and is unable to
parse the log.  There are a couple of things to do here.

First, we need to figure out where the corruption is coming from.  Dumps
of the corrupt pglog files will help.  Are they zeroed out?  Entirely?  Is
there valid data at the end of the file?  etc.

Second, we need to come up with a reasonable way to start up even when
some PGs are corrupt.  Deleting them is one option, but we want to avoid
doing so unless we're sure we have a good copy elsewhere.

Another option would be to make a 'corrupt' subdirectory on the OSD and
move the log there.  Without the log, the OSD will need to rebuild the
object list to recover/resync with other PG copies, but at least it will
start and (eventually) recover.

http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/169

Thoughts?

sage