Re: Several patches for CEPH

Hi Henry,

> 3. http://github.com/tcloud/ceph/commit/01e3bd78fe7ae26b394f5acda5c0ea875726a387
>
> We found that every execution of 'ceph -s' causes a thread leaking on
> the monitor.
> This patch sort of fixed the problem: the thread will be terminated
> when the subscription
> expires. However, I wonder if we should provide an "unsubscribe" mechanism to
> allow the client to explicitly unsubscribe it.

There is an ms_handle_reset callback that triggers when the socket
closes--that's where the cleanup should happen.  Looking into this,
though, it turns out the problem was somewhat unrelated.  The monitor has
a "lossy server" policy for non-monitor peers, which means that things
connect to it, but it shouldn't initiate any outgoing connections.  That
piece of logic was missing from SimpleMessenger::submit_message().
Should be fixed by

http://ceph.newdream.net/git/?p=ceph.git;a=commitdiff;h=01b58f38cc94ae7f209c215b782b1c7dec2c1b65

It will need a bit of testing.  (I caught this was setting debug ms = 10
for [mon], and noticing that there were two different Pipe instances for
the same peer address.)

We're looking at the other two issues now.  Thanks!
sage