Re: RBD/OSD questions

> How can that be on a 2 OSD setup with double redundancy?
> In this case, if all of a replicas smaller objects are
> not on a single node, how will it recover from an OSD
> failure?
>
> The only way I see this possible is if file foo is
> split into small objects A1 A2 A3 A4 and replicas B1
> B2 B3 B4 and you spread those across 2 OSDs like this:
>
> replica 1 (A1 B2 A3 B4)
> replica 2 (B1 A2 B3 A4)

The image is striped over objects, _then_ the objects are replicated
across OSDs.  Objects themselves aren't striped.

For example, if an image is striped over objects A B C D E F, each 4MB,
you might end up with

osd0: A  B' C  D  E' F'
osd1: A' B  C' D' E  F

where A is the primary copy, A' is the replica, etc.

sage