Re: how to install centos on the attached external usb hard disk?

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Done that way I'd be surprised if you had a bootable machine....
Unless you mean tried to install within the vbox session... /dev/sda
would most likely wipe out your internal hard disk (where you said you
have windows installed).

What are you actually trying to accomplish? You should note that grub
will not always play nice being installed on/running from an external
usb drive if you are intending to use it as a portable distro... no
guarantees that the device.map will be valid from one machine to the
next...