Re: how to install centos on the attached external usb hard disk?

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Step 1: Configure virtualbox to see the drive you want.
Step 2: http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.5/html/Installation_Guide/index.html

Hadi, as much as I enjoy this community, learning from it,
contributing to it, etc... I can't help but feel that you're simply
abusing it to avoid doing your own work. I cannot recall a single
question you've asked which has shown that you've put any effort at
all into helping yourself. Please at least attempt to figure things
out for yourself first.

George Orwell
I tried to do it as the following :
#dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/sda
But it was not successful. The primary disk is 150GB and the external usb disk is 20GB. As I check with the 'df -m' , with respect to the used space , the 20GB capacity seems to be sufficient. Can you please let me know how to modify my command to have the os installed on the primary disk to be cloned to the external usb disk ?