Re: DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

I think as long as persist in chasing pointless ends, you will continue
to fail.

DNS & AD are not at issue here. Samba 3 cannot provide AD services.

If resolution is a problem, it may be that you don't have nmb running on
your Samba server and you probably want it to be a wins server if it is
a Domain Controller.

Craig

Craig,

Thanks for you interest in my problem.  I don't think I am  trying to get Samba to do something that it was not intended to do.  All I am saying is that using the same config on Samba 3.0 as a PDC with windows XP machines behaves different than Samba3x with Windows 7 and windows XP machines.

I just now tried to join an XP machine to the network and got a similar error.  Maybe this is a Samba3x.3.3.8 issue?

I don't expect Samba to provide AD services.  I simply want single sign-on on my network.

Has anyone been able to get Samba3x.3.3.8 to work as a PDC?