Re: DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

I am not using Samba 3.x. I am using Samba3x-3.3.8.  As I understand it, RHEL provided this branch so that Windows 7 could join a Samba domain.

That aside,  It does not seems to me that the error message indicates that it cannot resolve where the PDC is.  What method is Windows 7 trying to use that is differnent for Windows XP to find the PDC?

Samba 3.x cannot provide AD and thus the error about AD & DNS name does
not exist is not meaningful

You probably want to use Sernet Samba packages at this point if you want
to use Windows 7 clients but see this page...

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

Craig

believed to be clean.