Re: LDAP Server Access Problem

Greetings,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Paul R. Ganci <ganci@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Everything works as expected. However if I try the same command from a
remote machine remote.mydomain.com the command just hangs.

Sorry if you have already checked it.

In you remote.mydomain.com, does /etc/hosts contain entry for LDAP server? IOW does the names resolve?

Are you able to do the query using IP addresses?

Any evidence/trace of the query packets travelling in the net (say using wireshark)? I usually go this way when confronted with such situation.

Is LDAP  configured to be query-able without any passwords. (I may not be too clear here though)

HTH

Regards,

Rajagopal