Re: NFS vs SMb vs iSCSI for remote backup mounts

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is probably getting repetitive, but backuppc provides a web
interface where server 'owners' can browse their own backups, select
what they want, and click a button to restore or download to their
desktop.  It's not part of the distribution, but I think someone even
has a fuse filesystem layer that gives normal-looking read access to the
compressed/pooled storage.  I don't know if you can wrap samba on top of
that, though - or what kind of performance it has.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

You're right, it is getting repetitive, but thank you for the advice, I'll look into backuppc

ok, forget about rsync. forget about which backup script is better, and which isn't. forget about how I get the data onto the order server. I don't care about backups, or rsync, or backuppc or bacula or amanda, or R1soft

let's keep the question simple. WHICH filesystem would be best for this type of operation? SMB, NFS, or iSCSI?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com