Re: nfs (v3?) fails to allow writes and permission changes

Craig White wrote:
On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 00:42 -0400, JohnS wrote:
On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 16:32 -0400, Rob Kampen wrote:
<snip>
So now it seems what I have is an Openoffice problem. It writes odt files just fine via nfs but not doc files.
Must be a micro$oft conspiracy.
I'll take this off list as it does not appear to be a CentOS issue.
---
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice

# file locking now enabled by default
SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

Comment those two lines out and try that. An alternative is to use Samba instead of NFS. I had that problem on NFS also a while ago.
----
perhaps as a test but that is a bad idea for every day usage.

Craig

Yeah, do not like the idea of no file locking.
As it turns out, I found the problem - the server was rebooted last week to get the latest kernel functioning and for some reason nlockmgr came up on the wrong port, thus the firewall did not allow the client to lock the file...... etc. Checked /etc/sysconfig/nfs and found the issue.
Thanks to those that helped and made suggestions.
Kind regards
Rob
begin:vcard
fn:Rob Kampen