Re: how to debug random server reboots

Rudi Ahlers пишет:> Hi all,>> One of our CentOS 5.3 randomly reboots, at different times of the day,> and I can't see why it's doing it.>> I have looked through the logs, but don't see any thing in there that> shows me why it has rebooted. How can I debug this?>>
Hi,
try to enable kdump to get kernel dump, if this software-related issue.
http://download.swsoft.com/virtuozzo/virtuozzo4.0/docs/en/lin/VzLinuxUG/20027.htmUsing Kexec and Kdump For System Troubleshooting
yum install kexec-toolsedit /etc/grub.conf and append to the end of the kernel line: "crashkernel=128M@16M"chkconfig kdump onreboot
Also look this:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-6039How do I configure kexec/kdump on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2119How can I voluntarily crash my machine to test if netdump/diskdump/kdump I configured works?
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-5413My server crashes once in awhile. How can I debug it?
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-1742My system has started to hang randomly. What information does Red Hats technical support need to diagnose the problem?
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-10828My Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 system had a kernel panic, an oops message, or is freezing for no apparent reason. How can I find out what is causing this?

Next, I recommend you setup and runmemtest86+.x86_64 : Stand-alone memory tester for x86 and x86-64 computers
You should ask the support to reboot machine for a night and chose the memtest in grub loader.If DC has ipkvm - ask it.
Also what a network card on your server ?I had some troubles with non-brand network card..

-- Best wishes, Sergej KandylaВсегда улыбайтесь жизни и жизнь всегда улыбнется вам!