Re: Stop the FUD Xen is not deprecated

On 2008-12-04, 00:42 GMT, Christopher Chan wrote:> What would you pick? Learn a few new commands/configuration > files or have to prep up a new desktop rollout every six > months?
12 -- Fedora 8 is still pretty good and only now you would have to switch to F10. Actually, I know about many people who skipped F9 completely, and I don't blame them.
> I believe in using the right tool for the job. So I might pick > OpenBSD for a firewall over Linux depending on what needs to be > on firewall/nat gateway.
Cool. Of course, you would have to have to familiarize with the new environment, but I guess you know that.
> RHEL/Fedora is not the ultimate answer for everything although > we'd like it to be
I would have a question about Ubuntu LTS. What are your experience with it? How much they really maintain it or is it (as I suspect; note, I have on experience with it, so I am not claiming anything) just that they throw LTS label on one of their releases and fix security issues only?
Best,
Matěj
_______________________________________________CentOS mailing listCentOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos