Re: Location of 5.2 .iso without XEN

Lanny Marcus wrote:
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Sam Drinkard <sam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
unexpected, I have to ask questions.  I'm amazed that I missed the
virtualization when I did the install.. I'm going to blow it all away and
start fresh, mainly because I didn't like the default partitioning on the
drives.  I'm in uncharted waters for me with the raid array, and trying to
figure out what is what.

Sam: As I recall, when you do the installation, it asks you if you
want to select the packages now or later. Select now and I think
Virtualization is at or near the end of the lists of different groups
of packages. Seems like xen is depreciated (?) and/or there are other
virtualization methods that are easier to work with? You may want to
scan the list archives for things about xen. Also, Download the
documentation, from the CentOS web site and from Upstream (they may
have more manuals available for download) regarding setting up RAID
and check out the CentOS Wiki.    GL & 73, Lanny

Hi Lanny,

I was very particular when doing this install, and I did see the virtualization box. I suppose I assumed it was something else when I did the first install. I've now got a good install afaik at this point, so I'll start off by updating the basic system. I know there is a heap of stuff that has changed since 4.7, and I just gotta play catch up. I'm not one to jump on the latest and greatest... xen is like a foreign language to me.. don't want it or need it. Will peruse the archives and see what else I've got to get updated on..

73,

Sam