Re: New installation woes

Vandaman wrote:
Dag Wieers wrote:

We did not do anything. It is a bug in the priorities
plugin.

The reason we have a perl-DBD-mysql is because that is the
upstream name and the naming convention dictates to use the
upstream name. That is the only reliable way for not having
RPM clashes.

Maybe someone should report to Red Hat that perl-DBD-MySQL
has a packaging bug ?

	http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-mysql/

What is the bug? It does not appear in the site you linked to.
It would be surprising if Red Hat are unaware of upstream changes as one would expect it to be rolled out into Fedora rawhide at least
even if the changes are backported int RHEL.

*packaging bug*
the link shows that upstream is named all lowercase for mysql, so the rpm should also.