Re: HW issue during instalaltion

Philip Manuel wrote:
We tend to use CentOS for our desktops as well, hence the request to this mailing list. We do not wish to have Ubuntu installed.

Same here; however, on a similar-but-different Shuttle box I bought for my son recently the only Linux I could get to install was the Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex beta (release version 8.10 is now out). Tried several other recent Linux versions including CentOS 5, Fedora 9 (haven't tried 10 pre-release yet), OpenSuse, PClinuxOS, Knoppix, and Ubuntu Hardy. None could see the disk. Windoze XP worked. :-(

An enterprise Linux should never be expected to support the latest hardware. Maybe CentOS 5.3 or 6 when they hit the e-street??? Until then, you may well be stuck with some more bleeding-edge release.

Phil