Re: HW issue during instalaltion

We tend to use CentOS for our desktops as well, hence the request to this mailing list. We do not wish to have Ubuntu installed.

Thanks

nate wrote:
Philip Manuel wrote:
It uses a NV chipset,
nVidia GeForce 8200,
http://au.shuttle.com/product_detail_spec.jsp?PI=939 . I added an Intel
Ethernet card to get over the Marvell Ethernet issue, and a NVIDIA
8600GT card.

I forgot to add I used no additional driver disks to get Vista to see
the disk.

Try Ubuntu, you probably wouldn't need additional driver disks to
get it workin' either. CentOS is a server oriented distro, not
a desktop distro. Hardware differences between desktop and server
are almost night and day in many cases. The system you link to
is most definitely a desktop class system.

Or perhaps Fedora, though I'm not much of a fan of the short
support cycle for Fedora(assuming it's still 6 months).

With Ubuntu(and possibly Fedora) you get the added advantage
of tons more packages than what is included with CentOS/RHEL
without having to resort to problematic 3rd party repositories
or crazy yum configurations to try to keep a sane installation
running.

CentOS works great for what it's built for.

nate