Re: HA Storage Cookbook?

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 at 4:22pm, nate wrote

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

While SATA and SAS are *supposed* to be able to be mixed freely, my vendor
has warned me that it doesn't always work out that well.  They have seen
compatibility issues using SATA drives on SAS controllers.  So for
applications where you want/need a SAS controller but still need big
capacity, these are the drives they recommend.

Sounds like you need a better vendor for a solution that will
work.

Wait, what? They steer me away from squirrely configs and find me one that works within my budget, and you're criticizing them? I'm rather confused.

Don't try to explain, though.  I don't think I'll get it.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin