Re: [OT] What is the best network monitoring tool?

Hi all,

Currently I discover this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_network_monitoring_systems

Is a excellent reference about the more know NMS Software.

Regards,
Alejandro
www.linuxiso.com.ar

2008/10/15 "José Mejía , Ayto de l'Alcora" <jmejia@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hello:

 I'm using hobbit :

http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit   (live system)

"Hobbit monitors your hosts, your network services, and anything else you configure it to do via extensions. Hobbit can periodically generate requests to network services
- http, ftp, smtp and so on - and record if the service is responding as expected. You can also monitor local disk utilisation, logfiles and processes through the use of agents installed on the servers."

It's not as complete as nagios but works fine

Greetings