Subject: Re:  Install CentOS-5.0 on HP-ComPaq DC7700 Dual Core
From:    "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Mon, October 6, 2008 12:26
To:      cenos@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc:      "John Newbigin" <jnewbigin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, October 5, 2008 20:39, John Newbigin wrote:
Also make sure you have the latest firmware and set the hard disk mode
in the BIOS to Raid (Which will enable AHCI).

John.

By the time I received this message I had already installed the ia_64
version of CentOS-5.2 with the BIOS set to IDE emulation.  If now I change
the BIOS to use RAID then the system cannot see the SATA drive at all.

Is it possible to change the BIOS setting to RAID and subsequently load
the necessary drivers from the boot DVD without having to reinstall the
entire system?

If so, then what is the procedure?

Regards,

--