Re: mysqld breaks yum, help?

I don't recall accusing you of that, you mention above you
inherited that system, it's possible that whoever had it before
you screwed it up before you got it.

Sorry, the statement of feeling 'accused' falls under reply-to-all. I didn't mean that you accused me. I just felt that thread was heading in an odd persecutive direction considering I am looking for support, not a trial by fire.

That said. I appreciate all the help and insight provided. By everyone.

Turning off fastmirror solves the problem for me. I will keep my eye on the system and report any other weirdness that may be suspect, as suggested.

Thanks!