Re: Firefox distorted printing

nate wrote:
Chris Geldenhuis wrote:
Hi,
I am running a fully updated CentOS 4 box. Since the last few rounds of
updates - upgrading to the latest Firefox, I find that I can not print
Bank statements etc ( .ps files when saved to disk). The Bank's logo and
any lines on the form print OK but the actual content is distorted
beyond recognition - printing a series of special characters
(!"$%&#'(") instead of transaction descriptions or amounts. Has anyone
else experienced this or have a suggestion on how to fix the problem.

Try printing to a file and use ps2pdf to convert it to PDF and
validate that the formatting is correct? I always print to a file
and convert to PDF myself just to have a "hard" electronic copy.

nate

I have tried this - ps2pdf ends with a segmentation fault, I have also tried the other suggestions from Les Bell to no avail.

The printer I'm using is a HP Officejet 6313 - there is no exact match in the HPJIS driver's list of printer - so I've used the closest match - Office Jet 6150. If anyone has a better suggestion I'd be happy to try it.

If this issue cannot be resolved, I will have to revert to FF2.

ChrisG