Firefox distorted printing

Hi,
I am running a fully updated CentOS 4 box. Since the last few rounds of updates - upgrading to the latest Firefox, I find that I can not print Bank statements etc ( .ps files when saved to disk). The Bank's logo and any lines on the form print OK but the actual content is distorted beyond recognition - printing a series of special characters (!"$%&#'(") instead of transaction descriptions or amounts. Has anyone else experienced this or have a suggestion on how to fix the problem.

Other preformatted documents like supplier invoices are also not printed as well formatted as before (html documents) but appear all squashed up instead of filling the page vertically.

TIA

ChrisG