Re: kickstart problems

Paolo Supino  wrote / napísal(a):

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Romeo Ninov <rninov@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rninov@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Paolo, this problem occur only in RHEL/CentOS/other RH based
    distros and not in Slack, SuSE, Debian, etc. I was not going
    deeper in the problem, but that is the reality. BTW: You can play
    with MAC address in incfg files, but this is applicable only on
    already installed machine.About Your remarc for corporations and
    RH - you are right, but how often servers are restarted? :-)

Hi Romeo

Not often :-) but I know of thousand of multihomed systems that are installed via kickstart and never heard of issues like the ones you describe and if it was a problem Red Hat would have fixed it a long time ago because it would have seriously heart their bottom line ...

Hi, Paolo,

It's depend of many details, you should have identical NICs for example.When you have time play with one virtual machine under VMware, add 2 NICs and watch the problem