Re: S.M.A.R.T

If using Linux, smart runs as a daemon and watches all drives. What I've done is create a cron job that searches /var/log/messages for the word smart and emails me the result. If I get a blank message, no drive problems,

The following url has a sample of what /var/log/messages might show if smart has something to report: http://defindit.com/readme_files/smartd_smartctl.html

Scott