Re: Question about Open SSH Public Keys

You could start the ssh server on that machine with -vvv to get a detailled, verbose logging. That does not always lead to entries making clear what happens, but to entries you can use for googling (or asking here).

I would also have a look at DNS - compare forward and reverse lookups (are they the same for the "from=..." entry?), does that Centos4-Box reach the DNS RELIABLY etc. SSH lies much emphasis on a working DNS.

Dirk