Re: xfs on 5.2 (live cd + dvd)

Brent L. Bates wrote:
     As far as I'm concerned, XFS is the ONLY file system to use, period.  If
you care about not only performance, but also reliability, use XFS.

I can confirm this, I had quite a few power line cuts and xfs always had mercy upon me.

 XFS
compiled into kernel support isn't needed any more since 4.x.  It is now in
modules.  On the Scientific Linux group, the person doing the 4.x Live CD/DVD
added XFS support at one point, after I asked him about it.  I do not know if
he has made that standard now or not.

So can I consider the xfs module implementation as being well tested and stable?

Red Hat strips out XFS support from
everything they do, so that makes things harder to do.  I guess they do not
like competition from SGI and do their best to discourage XFS use.  Some
Scientific Linux and CentOS people try to put it back in to some extent.  I've
had to create my own DVD's with full XFS support, including fresh full
installs of only XFS file systems.  Also included XFS support in rescue mode.
 I did that for 4.x.  I didn't do it completely right and I haven't had a
chance to try it again for 5.x.  I really need to do that, but just never have
the time to get it done.  I wish someone else with more experience doing these
things would do it.

Greetings
Michael

--